Belkin router is the amazing networking device that you can use to connect your wireless devices. The wireless router from Belkin is free from the technical glitches. But sometime, you may face issues with the Belkin device. Belkin wireless router not working is the most common error encountered by the Belkin users. You cannot experience a smooth internet connection if your Belkin device stopped working. If your Belkin wifi not working then nothing to get worried. In this article, we will discuss the common reasons of this issue along with their solutions. Check out this short article to know how to fix Belkin router.
Common reasons for Belkin wifi not working
There can be various reasons for the Belkin wireless router not working error. This issue can arise due to overheating or there can be outdated firmware. There can be a hardware issue, software error, technical error, and an ISP issue. Have a look at some common reasons behind your issue:
No Internet Connection
One of the most common reasons is Internet connection error. You might be facing the Belkin wireless router not working error due to an unexpected breakdown of wireless connectivity. You need the check the network connection. If the issue is with your ISP then call your ISP and ask them to fix the issue.
Another reason can be the installation error. Check if the modem and router is connected properly with the Ethernet cable. Follow the step-by-step instructions to set up the Belkin router. Check the login address and the login credentials that you have used to access the Belkin router.
Next reason can be corrupted firmware. Make sure that the firmware of the Belkin router is up-to-date. If you are using an old router then update it to the latest version. You should check the available firmware updates from time-to-time and update your Belkin device.
You can also face hardware issues with your Belkin router. You need to check the wires and cables. If you find them faulty then replace them with the new one. Check if the router is getting the power supply. If not, check the power adapter or replace it.
These were some reasons behind your Belkin router issues. Read the next section to know how to fix Belkin router.
How to fix Belkin wireless router not working error ?
Here is the Belkin wireless router troubleshooting tips that you can use to resolve the Belkin issues:
- First of all, place the Belkin router is an open or centralized area.
- Power off the modem as well as the modem. Disconnect the cables from both the router and modem.
- Wait for a few minutes then reconnect the cables and wires to the modem and router. Power on the modem and then turn on the Belkin router.
- If the problem persists then you need to reset the Belkin device to the factory defaults.
- Look for the reset button on the back panel of the Belkin device.
- Press and hold the reset button with a paper clip. After a few minutes, release the reset button. This process will reset all the settings to the factory defaults.
- Next, use the web-based utility method to re-configure the belkin router.
- Afterwards, open the Belkin settings page and update the firmware of the Belkin router.
These were the Belkin wireless router troubleshooting tips. Hope this article helped you. If you have any further queries then ask our experts. Dial our toll-free no. to contact us or do a live chat through a live chat window.